Tuesday, August 2, 2011

America the Strong

I started thinking today...One of the Blogs that I follow, written by Steve Harney at The KCM Crew, is entitled "When Did Americans Start Playing it Safe?"

I found Steve's quick thoughts very insightful.

Last night I sat at the Plainfield Township Board Meeting listening as they appointed a new Trustee to fill out the term of a one who resigned; voted to extend a moratorium on medical marijuana facilities and voted to buy a home that is adjacent to the Township Hall. As I was listening I was wondering how would I vote on these issues. Would I 'fall in line with the others'? Or would I break out and vote counter to the masses.

I think that these times call for a different review of issues than we have in the past. I agree with Steve Harney:

No comments: